mandag 24. august 2009

summer

This summer has been very full - even with the lack of holidays! I think when I look back on this summer, the thing that I will remember the most is the heat! It was crazy warm for about a month - the temperature was in the mid 30's every day, with the humidity it felt like it was in the low 40's. So the heat was intense to say the least. We have enjoyed the weather as well :-) days on the beach and at the water park! We also had a long weekend up at Green Lake, about a 4 hour drive from here, together with another family that we have gotten to know quite well. That was loads of fun - we stayed at a house right on the lake and had long lazy days. Truly a break from it all, besides Håkon's wallet going missing! But it was thankfully found a day later so all was well.

Other highlights include celebrating the marriage of my brother Jim and his new wife, Doreen. They were married in Hawaii in March so we had a family celebration at the end of July. The first family do at "our house"! Quite fun!

Also, Elias is finally out of diapers! We finally had enough and took them away and 3 days later he was pretty much trained. I am still so thrilled everytime he uses the potty and I don't have to deal with diapers anymore! It was quite funny, he picked out a pirate ship as his toy after filling up his potty chart - he was playing with it upstairs and I could hear him "ahoy ladies"!! instead of "mateys"..very cute.

Aksel is now walking - much to his and our delight! He's been taking steps now for almost a month, but now these last few weeks, especially these last few days, he's been walking more and more. He will now get up and keep walking if he falls down instead of crawling further so I think the crawling is on it's way out quickly! Otherwise he is saying a few words and is obsessed with putting things in and out of their containers. Elias and Aksel are definitely fighting quite a lot, much to my dismay and amusement. I can't believe how much Aksel deliberately bugs Elias, already!! But I guess this is how it will be for the next 20 years!


Picking raspberries with Gramma and Grandpa


Cooling of in the summer heat!

Beach time with good friends!


Our cabin at Green Lake

Elias is still loving the water



Elias is very proud of his pirate ship and potty going!


Our garden full of cucumbers, squash and tomatoes!



3 kommentarer:

Anne-Brit sa...

Fint å se og høre fra dere igjen! Og gratulerer med Aksels 1 års dag i går! Jeg er akkurat kommet hjem etter fine dager på Senja! 14 sept får jeg nytt kne!

ANI

Liv sa...

Imponerende grønnsakhage! Kjekt å få glimt av hverdagene og turene deres.
Liv

Lina sa...

Herlige bilder :) og så flotte grønnsaker, det så godt ut! Kjekt å se Aksel gå også :):)